How To Configure Canon Lide 220 Setup?
Canon CanoScan Lide 220 is a flatbed scanner. It is equipped with a 3-color (RGB) LED (light source). This device has an optical resolution of 4800 x 4800 dpi and a selectable resolution of 25-19200 dpi. The flatbed scanner weighs around 1.6 kg. Using this device, you can capture photos with exceptional detail as well as accurate colors. You can also save a lot of desk space by utilizing the neat upright stand that comes with the device package.
Another significant feature of Canon CanoScan Lide 220 is that you can enjoy the freedom of scanning directly to cloud services using your computer. Using this fast, superior-quality scanner, you can meet all your home document and photo printing needs.
Let’s now look into the Canon CanoScan Lide 220 Setup in detail.
Unboxing Flatbed Scanner:
- First, open the box containing the flatbed scanner.
- Next, check if all the following components are present inside the box:
- The Canon CanoScan Lide 220 flatbed scanner
- USB cable
- Installation CD
- The device’s stand
- Once you have checked the components, remove the orange protective tape and other packing materials from the scanner.
- Mount the scanner on the upright stand that is provided in the scanner package.
- Now, you just have to connect the scanner to your computer using the USB cable. When you turn on the computer, the scanner power will be activated.
- OTE: You need to connect the USB cable between the scanner and the computer only when you are prompted to do so during the software installation.
- The setup CD-ROM is available for your Windows PC. You can use this CD-ROM to install the software for your Canon CanoScan Lide 220.
- Once you install the software, you are good to go.
- You can begin scanning by using the printer software or the buttons on the scanner. The scanner buttons include the PDF, Auto Scan, Copy, and Send buttons.
You can also scan your documents using the IJ Scan Utility. Let’s now see how to use this tool to scan documents on your Canon CanoScan Lide 220.
Scanning documents using the IJ Scan Utility:
You can conveniently scan documents that are placed on the platen of the scanner with the settings suitable for the documents. Before you start with the placing of the documents and scanning them, make sure that IJ Scan Utility is installed on the computer connected to the scanner.
- First, place the original document on the platen.
- Next, start IJ Scan Utility and click on Settings.
- The Settings (Document Scan) dialog box will now pop up. Here, set the desired paper size, resolution, etc. You also have the facility of using the advanced scan settings in the dialog box.
- You can also choose a destination (folder) to save your scanned images. Make use of the Save in option for this purpose.
- When you have finished specifying all the settings, click on the OK button.
- In the window that displays next, click on Document.
- The scanning process will start now.
- Once the scanning is over, the scanned images will be saved to the specified location.
- Congratulations!!! You have now successfully set up and scanned documents using your Canon CanoScan Lide 220 Setup flatbed scanner.